Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Endyn modified JRSC dyno plots?

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 1999
    Posts
    764
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    I think you're referring to the proud owner of this fine site. smile

  2. #12
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Before I sent the motor to Endyn, it had been assembled by a local machine shop with old JEs and shot peened stock rods. I had alot of detonation problems. I also found out from Larry later that it had been built with old school tolerances...thousandths instead of ten-thousandths. Very loose. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. For the record, it still didn't fail, even with ~14 psi, detonation, stock rods and the loose build.
    Anyway, when I got it back, detonation had all but dissappeared, with some minor tuning.
    I only put about 4-5000 miles on the car after that. I still don't believe I had gotten all there was out of it. I had some fuel problems that I never fixed (WAY too much fuel pressure up top). I'll never know what the set-ups full potential was.
    Again, I say, Oh well.

    ------------------
    Phil
    2001 S2000, stock

  3. #13
    Inactive Member GreenHornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2000
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a dyno plot on a type R that was modded by endyn. the website is www.importreview.com or go to www.atomicperformance.com the car puts down 450 to the wheel.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rjaffey:
    I think you're referring to the proud owner of this fine site. smile<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Oh yeah, oops!


  5. #15
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    He probably couldn't get in..considering the new Hostboard is kind of mess up for some people (like myself). Fortunately I went through antoehr site to get in.. www.safeweb.com

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Daemione's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I've read all the old clubSI posts by Steven and that 11psiGSR guy. From what I can gather, 11psiGSR slipped into the witness protection program. Steven's setup has some peculiarities which have me wondering how much power he's actually putting down. By his estimates, he's gotten 80-85 whp through the Endyn stuff. But this includes, rods, crank, pistons, valves, valvetrain, and the modified blower putting out 17 psi. And then the fact that it was an engine dyno that it was measured on means that the results are almost impossible to compare to a standard dynojet chassis dyno.

    I've also looked at the Atomic dynos - and they've got some impressive dyno plots, but still no before & after plot, which I'd still like to see.

    Hooper, thanks for your input. Your results are about what I expected. A 45 hp increase sounds about right for a 4 psi jump. Of course, the swap to the manual transmission could very well acount for 10-20 of that horsepower. Unfortunately for many people dyno time is hard to come by. I don't even know where the nearest dyno is to me. Probably in Boston (~2.5 hours away).

    I guess ideally I'd like to see a plot of an already built engine, with a well tuned JRSC @ 10 psi, then the same engine with the Endyn modded JRSC @ 10 & 17 psi.

    So my quest continues. . . . .

  7. #17
    Inactive Member SSBP's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 1999
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    You will never see a before and after dyno plot of the ENDYN modified blower.

    The people that have them are too embarassed to show what it really does.

    The ENDYN modifications are like the farotech stock in the movie "The Boiler Room."

    Their modifications are modern day snake oil.

    ------------------
    92 Chevrolet Corvette LT1
    00 Acura 3.2 TL
    98 Honda Accord EX-V6

  8. #18
    Inactive Member 00civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2000
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Some people never change..huh ssbp? ahh.. oh well anyways..
    NH huh? I am actually heading up to Milford NH this Sunday to visit some family.. I used to live in a small town called New Boston up there in the early 90's about a half hour from Manch-vegas..(lol)

  9. #19
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you want a little more power/more low end/better daily drivability/ less maintenance (than TurbO)/ reliable car...then go supercharge...

    If your in the market for POWER...then go Turbo. I mean why do you want to pump sooooo much money into a supercharged vehicle when you can probably get a lot more power out of it via the turbo route..for may be even less dough.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member SSBP's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 1999
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Why change? Just keeping it real.

    The good thing for ENDYN is that suckers are born every second, every day. They are among the best in sales and closing. I respect that.

    ------------------
    92 Chevrolet Corvette LT1
    00 Acura 3.2 TL
    98 Honda Accord EX-V6

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •